Information Management Expert in the Information Governance Division
- Type of contract:
- Fixed-term contract until 31. December 2020, which may be extended subject to individual performance and organisational needs.
- Who can apply:
- EU nationals
- F/G band and benefits
- Working time:
- Place of work:
- Frankfurt, Germany
- Closing date for applications:
- Thursday, 28 September 2017
The IGO Division is responsible for:
- developing, maintaining and guiding the implementation of information management policies and procedures and providing records management services, including in the area of data protection;
- managing the ECB’s physical and electronic archives and ensuring the disclosure of archived information when required, as well as disposing of information in accordance with the ECB’s information retention policy;
- managing the ECB library and providing staff with print and electronic publications and information services;
- supporting the further development of Enterprise Information Management and coordinating the selection of systems and tools for archives and library management, as well as for collaboration, document and records management;
- providing relevant user training, maintenance and support for the ECB, the Eurosystem, the European System of Central Banks (ESCB), the European Systemic Risk Board (ESRB), the Single Supervisory Mechanism (SSM) and the Single Resolution Board (SRB).
The Information Management Solutions Team is responsible for:
- coordinating and developing information management solutions, especially DARWIN (the ECB’s electronic documents and records management system operating on OpenText Content Server);
- designing and configuring business solutions, such as communities, reports and workflows in DARWIN;
- providing DARWIN user support;
- user community and training management.
- coordination and development of functional support activities and processes, including but not limited to providing information, advice, tools and user support to ECB/SSM key users (including the ESCB and ESRB committees and secretariats) and key contact persons in other organisations using the ECB’s IM platform DARWIN;
- providing specialised support and technical awareness sessions to records management specialists, librarians and archivists at the ECB;
- communicating support-related issues with user communities;
- fostering collaboration with Information Governance and IT on support issues;
- supporting and coaching colleagues on advanced functional or technical topics;
- contributing to application management and resolving advanced issues/questions;
- collecting, evaluating and prioritising requirements and process optimisations for information management solutions;
- designing and configuring (using DARWIN functionality) advanced workflows, reports and customised web interfaces, etc.;
- participating in projects in different roles (e.g. coordination, business analyses, testing);
- selecting, implementing and supporting new information management solutions.
Qualifications, experience and skills
- a master’s degree (ideally in IT, business administration, information management or a related
field) or a bachelor’s degree combined with four years of experience in a relevant field;
- at least four years’ recent full-time-equivalent experience in the field of information technology or knowledge, records or information management, or a similar discipline;
- at least two years’ recent full-time-equivalent experience in implementing, managing and supporting EIM solutions;
- knowledge and experience of the principles and practices in the domain of information, records and/or archives management;
- specific professional experience with an OpenText Content Server platform would be a strong asset;
- project management experience would be an asset;
- business analysis experience would be an asset;
- an awareness of, and interest in, the functioning of the ECB and the ESCB;
- an advanced command of English (oral and written);
- a good knowledge of at least one other official language of the EU;
- a working knowledge of standard MS Office applications (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
You will also bring your ability to understand customer needs, work as part of a team, show commitment, take initiative, analyse information, manage processes and achieve objectives.